Blue & Co.
11 October · Katrina
In this new series of monoprints, Dunedin artist Kathryn Madill presents a catalogue of human and animal figures against a stark but ageless landscape. Drawing on the narratalogical tradition of metamorphosis and transformation, the story of Norwegian artist Edvard Munch and his sister Sophie and the fragile structures of shelter, Blue & Co. embeds these seemingly lost figures in the blue-black darkness of nightfall and mythological tradition.
Born in Ruatahuna in 1951, Kathryn Madill graduated from the University of Canterbury School of Fine Art in 1971 with a major in printmaking. She currently lives and works in Dunedin.
“I have found that making art is like learning another language. The vocabulary I have spent years accumulating is one of images. Within my work figures move through both rooms and landscapes in search of a sense of place” – Kathryn Madill, 2016.
Join us in the gallery/workshop as we provide practical solutions for the framing, display, installation of works of art, and information on new exhibitions and events.
- Place of Return
- A lingering dark
- de void
- Under the Skin
- Ten and a Half - Christmas exhibition 2016
- Wild Spaniards & Friends
- Blue & Co.
- Dancing to Remember, Dancing to Forget
- A conversation with Shannon Williamson, July 2016
- Continuous Positive
- Null & Void
- Gully and Grove
- All that is Solid Collapses into Air
- Infinite View of Determinate You
- Romancing the Ground
- Shanley 2015
- Painted Red Paintings
- Gaiana - Earth NZAC
- The Naked Truth
- XXV – a group show to celebrate our 25 years in business.
- Waiting for the Blue Train
- Drawing with light
- The power of III
- Best Made Plans
- The Painted John Gibbs
- Between the mundane and the metaphysical
- The 10,000-hour rule.
- Christchurch Central Confidential
- He just wanted my washing machine
- Quick Flip – a game of many halves
- Not all card is created equal
- Talismen of Lyttelton artist Dean Venrooy
- The lost art of albumen photography
- Selected Works by Kathryn Madill
- Call for Proposals 2013
- CHAPTER AND VERSE: CHRISTMAS GROUP SHOW
- Be careful what you wish for….
- Ground Speed
- THE SHAPES I WEAR FOR YOU
- Selected Works by Maree Horner
- Hanging matters
- A Boy’s Story by Beverly Rhodes
- Welcome to www.cityart