Call for Proposals 2013
28 February · Katrina
City Art Ltd is seeking expressions of interest for its 2013 exhibition programme
Deadline: 5pm, Friday 19 April 2013.
City Art is pleased to present an open call for proposals for its 2013 gallery programme. City Art extends this invitation to artists throughout New Zealand and encourages students, recent graduates and established artists to submit proposals for curated, group or solo shows from May 2013 – December 2013. We will not consider proposals for exhibitions that have been previously exhibited in New Zealand. Exhibitions will run for 5 weeks.
All submissions must be within one .pdf or .doc(x) file (no larger then 5MB in size) and emailed to email@example.com with the subject title ‘proposal: (your full name)’.
Submissions must include the following:
1. Completed cover sheet with artist name/s, telephone number, physical address, email address and preferred date/s for exhibition.
2. Brief artist C.V: No more then one A4 page.
- Short bio, recent projects/exhibitions and links to any other online support material (e.g. website, reviews, etc.).
3. Exhibition outline:
- Approximately 500 words outlining the premise for the show and how it relates to your practice.
- Specifications of work (e.g. dimensions, medium and how many works).
- Any requirements regarding installation, hanging placement of work, use of technical equipment, etc.
4. Images: Jpeg or PDF format preferable (no more than ten).
You will receive an email confirmation upon submission. Artists will be notified regarding the success or otherwise of their proposal no later than 2 weeks after proposal deadline. If your application is unsuccessful you are most welcome to resubmit at our next call for proposals.
If you have any queries regarding your proposal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us in the gallery/workshop as we provide practical solutions for the framing, display, installation of works of art, and information on new exhibitions and events.
- Swan Song
- Nonesuch Gully & The Chorus text
- Transitional Landscapes – Mitchell Bright
- Preaching to the Disconcerted
- Place of Return
- A lingering dark
- de void
- Under the Skin
- Ten and a Half - Christmas exhibition 2016
- Wild Spaniards & Friends
- Blue & Co.
- Dancing to Remember, Dancing to Forget
- A conversation with Shannon Williamson, July 2016
- Continuous Positive
- Null & Void
- Gully and Grove
- All that is Solid Collapses into Air
- Infinite View of Determinate You
- Romancing the Ground
- Shanley 2015
- Painted Red Paintings
- Gaiana - Earth NZAC
- The Naked Truth
- XXV – a group show to celebrate our 25 years in business.
- Waiting for the Blue Train
- Drawing with light
- The power of III
- Best Made Plans
- The Painted John Gibbs
- Between the mundane and the metaphysical
- The 10,000-hour rule.
- Christchurch Central Confidential
- He just wanted my washing machine
- Quick Flip – a game of many halves
- Not all card is created equal
- Talismen of Lyttelton artist Dean Venrooy
- The lost art of albumen photography
- Selected Works by Kathryn Madill
- Call for Proposals 2013
- CHAPTER AND VERSE: CHRISTMAS GROUP SHOW
- Be careful what you wish for….
- Ground Speed
- THE SHAPES I WEAR FOR YOU
- Selected Works by Maree Horner
- Hanging matters
- A Boy’s Story by Beverly Rhodes
- Welcome to www.cityart