27 June · Katrina
Traces documents a story of human interaction with the landscape. With a disarming clarity, Mitchell Bright captures on film these subtle intimations and stark indications of human activity within the otherwise unpeopled geographies of rural Canterbury and the West Coast.
“In a time where our connection to the natural landscape as a society seems to be becoming more and more removed, I am interested in investigating the different ways in which people still interact with it. The alterations to these landscapes may have occurred just yesterday or years ago but the traces that remain have the implications of what might have gone on or still continues” – Mitchell Bright, 2016
Mitchell Bright has completed a Bachelor in Fine Arts, majoring in photography, at the University of Canterbury. He was a recipient of the Ethel Rose Overton and Bickerton Widdowson memorial scholarships. He is currently studying towards a BFA Honours degree. He has exhibited in a number of group shows in Christchurch. This is his first solo exhibition.
Join us in the gallery/workshop as we provide practical solutions for the framing, display, installation of works of art, and information on new exhibitions and events.
- Ten and a Half - Christmas exhibition 2016
- Wild Spaniards & Friends
- Blue & Co.
- Dancing to Remember, Dancing to Forget
- A conversation with Shannon Williamson, July 2016
- Continuous Positive
- Null & Void
- Gully and Grove
- All that is Solid Collapses into Air
- Infinite View of Determinate You
- Romancing the Ground
- Shanley 2015
- Painted Red Paintings
- Gaiana - Earth NZAC
- The Naked Truth
- XXV – a group show to celebrate our 25 years in business.
- Waiting for the Blue Train
- Drawing with light
- The power of III
- Best Made Plans
- The Painted John Gibbs
- Between the mundane and the metaphysical
- The 10,000-hour rule.
- Christchurch Central Confidential
- He just wanted my washing machine
- Quick Flip – a game of many halves
- Not all card is created equal
- Talismen of Lyttelton artist Dean Venrooy
- The lost art of albumen photography
- Selected Works by Kathryn Madill
- Call for Proposals 2013
- CHAPTER AND VERSE: CHRISTMAS GROUP SHOW
- Be careful what you wish for….
- Ground Speed
- THE SHAPES I WEAR FOR YOU
- Selected Works by Maree Horner
- Hanging matters
- A Boy’s Story by Beverly Rhodes
- Welcome to www.cityart